Monday, October 6, 2008

Taiping Trip

Went over to Nibong Tebal last weekend for lunch with a bunch of relatives. Actually our main intention is to Taiping. The reason is to 'talk with the dead'. I mean invite my grandpa to come up and talk with him.

Let me tell ya bout the story first before i continue the food part....

That's ridiculous. I could'nt believe such things where we can talk with the deceased. I'm really terrified at that moment. I thought only in movies i see those scenes.

But in reality it happens........

Woke up at 4am to prepare for the exciting journey. Gather up at relatives house at Permatang Pauh and wait for the rest to come. Start journey around 7am after breakfast. Total 20 of us in four cars. Finally reached our destination at about 8am+.

I've no idea the exact location but it was an old wooden house in some remote area in Taiping. Wow! alot of people already queing up. Lucky enough we don't have to queue as one of my relatives who stay in Taiping already took the queing number for us earlier. I already start to feel anxious and excited!

In fact, i'm freaking SCARED!

A woman in her fifties start up the process with some ritual thingy.....praying and monotonous chanting, asking us few questions and then she start mumbling....Suddenly...a loud BANG of her hands on the table. I guess her soul already pocessed by my grandpa.

Believe it or not, sounds really like granpa and he can tell and identified all of us...except ME!

I'm TERRIFIED....don't know what to say or ask at that moment. In fact i wanna ask him lot of things like how is he doing, what is the condition down there, got anything to buy, got shopping complex or not.....in the end im just too scared to ask all that. Just listen to their conversation. Quite accurate on what he mentioned, about 80% accuracy.

The conversation goes on for 10 minutes and at last, he knew im his grandaughter and said that he luv me very much. I just can't hold back my tears and my last words to him "GongGong, i miss you very much !_! In a short while, he wave goodbye to us and left.

Ooh....this is saddening.

In fact i'm still puzzled. Should i believe or not? I don't know. But nevermind la....once and for all.

After that, we went for lunch at Restaurant Law Chang Kee in Nibong Tebal.

Reached there around 11am+ but waiter not even care to serve us. Not even ask bout drinks. Sit there wait and wait....finally realised that they will open shop at 11.30am SHARP! Perhaps due to feng shui? *sickening* damn hungry at that moment. Other patrons waited patiently to order food.

Here's our order:

Crab Porridge

Octopus

Deep in this special nut sauce

Stir fry mantis prawn

Fried kappa

Deep fry fish

Stir fry vege

The food was excellent especially crab porridge. Taste so fresh and sweet.

Will definately go there again to savour other dishes:)


No comments: